Is now the time to consider an M&A transaction?
We can help you with the analysis of acquisition or expansion plans, and we can provide due diligence assistance to assure that you make a knowledgeable investment decision in an identified target. Due diligence ensures that what is being sold is legit.
The exact process will depend on your goals. Typically, the business value is determined and funding requirements are identified. Due diligence is necessary whether you are a buyer, seller, or investor.
By working with you at an early stage, we are able to understand your business and help identify your needs and opportunities. If you are a seller, we help you maximize the business’ value. If you are in the market to acquire, it is important to make sure the acquisition is a good fit for you and your organization.
We are also well-prepared to assist you with structuring a transition so that it is tax efficient. This approach minimizes net cash outflows for a purchaser and maximizes net cash received by a seller after taxes.
Through our relationships with investment bankers, we connect you with additional expertise in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
We help with many aspects of purchasing, selling, or merging businesses, including:
- Asset purchase agreements
- Merger agreements
- Stock sale agreements
- Letters of intent (LOIs)
- Memorandums of understanding (MOUs)
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and confidentiality agreements
- Material adverse effect (MAE) provisions
- Representations and warranties
- Breakup fees and termination rights
- Purchase price structuring and holdbacks
- Target net working capital and working capital adjustments
- Inventory control
- Post closing purchase price adjustments
- Due diligence
- Closing conditions