We have significant experience serving clients in the retail and consumer product industry. We help implement legal responses and strategies to the rapidly evolving retail marketplace and support clients’ profitable growth.
Whether a client needs assistance navigating product labeling, is entering into a complex commercial contract in the retail and consumer product industry, has a dispute related to a supplier or manufacturer of a product or is buying, selling or franchising a retail and consumer product-related business, we have the expertise to navigate these diverse cross-practice issues.
We also provide consulting and assistance with the numerous legal effects on the retail industry resulting from the COVID pandemic, such as meeting increased consumer demands with fewer resources, disintermediation, conducting business at the speed of thought, repurposing, tokenization, artificial intelligence (AI), SaaS technology, remote/hybrid working arrangements, demand planning, replenishment, supply chain, ransomware, blockchain and direct-to-consumer challenges.
We collaborate to assist with intellectual property, regulatory, litigation, labor and employment, commercial contracts and other business issues in this constantly changing industry.
Attorney William Lehner has substantial trademark law experience, where trademark intersects with retail. He works to protect and secure the valuable brands and marks used by our clients. William enjoys working with clients to identify trademark opportunities and develop a plan to provide the most comprehensive protection available for your budget and needs. We can assist you with:
- Selecting a strong trademark
- Federal trademark applications (words and logos)
- Trademark clearance searches and opinions
- Federal copyright applications
- Trademark application prosecution (Office Action responses, Appeals)
- Trademark monitoring and maintenance
- Intellectual Property Audits (identify opportunities, ensure proper marking, and the like)
- Trademark dispute resolution (Opposition/Cancellation proceedings, Cease & Desist Letters, Consent Agreements, Assignments, etc.)
- International/foreign trademark applications
- Record your trademarks with U.S. Customs
In many of these areas we provide flat and cost-effective fees.
Banking and Financial Services