The software and information technology sector is among the fastest-growing, most dynamic and important contributors to the 21st century economy. Products and services built on, using and delivering IT cover a vast array, are part of virtually every business enterprise, and generate legal issues, questions and challenges of commensurate breadth and complexity.
We represent many software and IT businesses. Emerging technologies being created and adapted by our clients, from Big Data analytics to blockchain applications, fuel new business innovations and challenge the legal status quo. Our clients look to us to help them identify and exploit new opportunities in the software and IT sector, while managing and minimizing attendant legal risks.
Attorney William Lehner has substantial trademark law experience, where trademark intersects with software. He works to protect and secure the valuable brands and marks used by our clients. William enjoys working with clients to identify trademark opportunities and develop a plan to provide the most comprehensive protection available for your budget and needs. We can assist you with:
- Selecting a strong trademark
- Federal trademark applications (words and logos)
- Trademark clearance searches and opinions
- Federal copyright applications
- Trademark application prosecution (Office Action responses, Appeals)
- Trademark monitoring and maintenance
- Intellectual Property Audits (identify opportunities, ensure proper marking, and the like)
- Trademark dispute resolution (Opposition/Cancellation proceedings, Cease & Desist Letters, Consent Agreements, Assignments, etc.)
- International/foreign trademark applications
- Record your trademarks with U.S. Customs
In many of these areas we provide flat and cost-effective fees.
Banking and Financial Services